The stream of thought is propagated and energized by layers of motives and intentions that can be identified as follows:
1. The desire to language emotions…
2. Anticipation: Making plans for expected or possible future events or possible conversations or encounters.
3. Rehashing the past.
4. Rewriting scenarios, real or imaginary.
5. Creating imaginary scenarios – daydreams.
6. Remembering – reruns and recalling.
7. Solving problems.
1. Unasked repetitions of the above.
2. Senseless ramblings, phrases, fragments of mentations, background voices, and music.
4. Dysphoric memories, painful moments, unpleasant events and feelings.