What is copyright?
Copyright is a form of protection grounded in the U.S. Constitution and granted by law for original works of authorship fixed in a tangible medium of expression. Copyright covers both published and unpublished works.
What does copyright protect?
Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed.
What is a copyright infringement?
The U.S. Copyright Office defines copyright infringement as such: “As a general matter, copyright infringement occurs when a copyrighted work is reproduced, distributed, performed, publicly displayed, or made into a derivative work without the permission of the copyright owner.”2
Is Copyright Infringement Illegal?
Yes, copyright infringement is illegal. Most often copyright infringement is a civil issue rather than a criminal one. Penalties for copyright infringement usually include a fine and/or payment to the injured party.
Copyright Policy for The Institute for Spiritual Research, Inc. dba Veritas Publishing
For all Videos, Audios, Books, Images, Quotes and the Map of Consciousness®
by author and teacher: Dr. David R. Hawkins
The Institute for Spiritual Research, Inc. dba Veritas Publishing is the sole owner of the copyright and trademark status in all forms of Dr. Hawkins’ work. This includes books, videos, audios, and the Map of Consciousness®. We are obligated to protect our intellectual property rights and the integrity of the teachings, plus respect Dr. Hawkins’ wishes.
The sole intention at Veritas Publishing is to preserve and protect the integrity of Dr. Hawkins’ work as well as make it accessible to those who resonate with it.
- The Veritas YouTube Channel is the sole location for lecture video clips online. We invite you to go to our channel: Veritas Publishing-Dr. David R. Hawkins.
- If there are specific clips that you feel would be valuable, please send us the information (month/date of lecture, start/end time of the clip) so that we can review, create, and upload them onto our channel.
- Please refrain from uploading video clips of Dr. Hawkins’ work onto your video or audio platforms. This is a copyright infringement. A Copyright take down notice will be submitted to have the video/audio taken down immediately.
- Please refrain from uploading any photos or images of Dr. Hawkins on your social media platforms, websites, and on-line in general. This is a copyright infringement, and a takedown notice will be issued.
- The Map of Consciousness® by Dr. Hawkins is both trademarked and copyrighted.
- It is a copyright and trademark infringement to use it, upload it, reproduce it, or share it in any way. We understand and appreciate your excitement that the Map of Consciousness® has to offer, but permission will not be granted to use it and a copyright notice will be submitted.
- All books by Dr. Hawkins are copyrighted. It is against the law to share, copy, or reproduce his material in any way. This includes uploads and audio books. Permission will not be granted to copy, insert, or post any quotes or text of Dr. Hawkins’ work. A copyright takedown notice will be submitted if infringed upon.
We thank you for your support in keeping Dr. Hawkins’ work integrous and in the purity that he taught.